Two new articles are up on the ACEIT Online Help. This time we’re branching out to discuss two of the applications in the ACEIT suite that you may or may not already be using: JACS and POST
What can JACS do for you?
JACS, the Joint Analysis of Cost and Schedule application, is designed to help you quickly create a truly integrated cost and schedule analysis and assess the likelihood of achieving your cost and schedule goals.
In this article you’ll learn about three JACS features that you may not have been aware of previously, but that can help take your joint cost and schedule analysis to the next level:
- Large File Analysis – for handling intense calculations of large schedules
- Risk Informed Finish Threshold (RIFT) – lets you easily see how task delays will impact your probabilistic targets
- JACS for P6 – learn how JACS is not just a Microsoft Project add-in; it’s also available for use with Oracle’s Primavera P6 files
Getting Started in POST
In this article we’ll teach you the basics of getting started in POST, the Program Office Support Tool. POST is an Excel-based reporting and scenario application that simplifies and automates the process of creating reports/charts as well as presentation preparation. It allows you to easily share insights from your cost analysis with stakeholders who may not have ACEIT installed, and gives you assess to Excel functionality to customize and enhance your reporting. If you’ve never used POST before and aren’t sure where to begin, then read on to learn the following:
- POST Architecture and Basics
- Setting up an ACE Session for use in POST
- Creating a What-if Case in POST
To read more, log into ACEIT.com and visit user-resources>online-help. You’re also welcome to email ACEIT_Support@Tecolote.com with any comments, feedback, or ideas you have for future articles!